Do you make money working on this project?
- Nope! We are all volunteers working on a project that we are passionate about.
I really need/want feature X. When can you implement it?
- While we do our best to implement all desired features, we try to establish a consistent API across multiple languages making this process take some time. If you have a proposal for a specific library or language, the individuals at the Matrix Profile Foundation may review this and try to implement it into our roadmap. Any contributions may follow the Contribution Guide.
I implemented Matrix Profile algorithms in language X. How can I join the MPF?
- First you may understand that this is not a competition, and you must agree with the Code of Conduct. We work as a team, so you must accept that we may have some constraints regarding the API, but this will not forbid you to work in side-projects like tools, packages, products, not included in MPF API. We encourage that Matrix Profile becomes available to as many languages as possible, but always keeping a high-quality standard.
Are you affiliated with the UCR group?
- We are not directly affiliated with that group, however, we do have web meetings with Eamonn Keogh at times and they provide us with early research results.
How similar is this work to stumpy?
- It is similar with different goals in mind. We both provide matrix profile implementations to a degree. Stumpy is particular about what implementations it offers while our libraries tend to be more full-featured. We try to make the barrier to entry low. You can treat our implementations as a black box and just review the results or dig in the weeds and become a master of the algorithms. Stumpy requires some academic/technical understanding of the underlying algorithms before usage.
Can I use the MPF API in a commercial product?
- The API is under Apache 2.0 license. Check here what you can and what you can't do.